Thanksgiving, man. It's a marathon, not a sprint. If you don't take care of yourself, you'll burn out and end up on the couch in a tryptophan daze. Activate these tips for a Thanksgiving THRIVE:
- Stock up on healthy, non-greasy snacks in the kitchen. You can snack as you cook, and you'll be less-likely to face-plant in the stuffing later.
- Get outside! Join the neighborhood turkey trot or touch football game, or take the family on a nature walk to watch the colors change.
- Organize a crew. You can't do all the cooking alone. Assign safe tasks to kids and knife skills to adults to get some prep work done in the kitchen.
- Don't beat yourself up. It's the holidays, a burnt casserole here or extra piece of pie there won't hurt.
- Make clean up easy. If part of your crew didn't cook, they get automatic dish duty. It's only fair...
What are your tips for surviving Thanksgiving? Let us know and we'll share our favorites on social!