The weather has begun to heat up so it is time to officially declare that it is BBQ season! And with Father’s Day just around the corner, we can’t think of a better way to celebrate the dads in our lives than with some new tasty BBQ recipes!
Because not everyone has access to outdoor space or a BBQ, we’ve created these BBQ recipes for prep in a kitchen but they can be easily adapted for any grill master!
BBQ Recipes for Father’s Day Fun
Choosing healthier foods that honor basic nutrition facts is an important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. This is why we have paired with a natural food specialist to create these unique, scrumptious, and healthier BBQ recipes for your Father’s Day celebrations.
Black Bean Quinoa Burger
Made with black beans, quinoa, and red lentil-based Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps Tomato Basil, this BBQ recipe is not only brimming with flavor but also plant protein!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion (diced)
- ⅓ cup bell pepper (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps Tomato Basil (crushed)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 15 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a pan over medium heat and then sauté the onions and bell pepper until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps Tomato Basil. Blend until crushed and the amount measures ½ cup. Add the sautéed onions, bell pepper, and garlic. Then add the red pepper flakes, black beans, and quinoa. Blend until well combined and the black beans are completely mashed.
- On a flat surface, lined with parchment paper, form the burger patties.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Add the burgers to the pan. Cook the burgers for approximately 6 minutes on each side or until crispy.
Serve your burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, and all of your favorite trimmings. Enjoy!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
No celebration is completed without some finger foods and appetizers! This BBQ recipe makes use of your favorite hot sauce, creating a dish that is as spicy or tangy as your heart desires!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 bag of Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps Lightly Salted (crushed)
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter (melted)
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing (for serving)
- Carrots and celery sticks (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Using a food processor or blender, pulse the bag of Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps Lightly Salted until crushed. Then transfer to a large bowl and mix with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- In another bowl, add a cup of water.
- Place each cauliflower floret into the water bowl. Then place in the Harvest Snaps mixture and roll until coated. Once covered, place floret on a baking sheet. Repeat until all cauliflower florets are well coated.
- Bake cauliflower for 20 – 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- While the cauliflower is baking, mix together melted butter, buffalo hot sauce, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- When the cauliflower is beginning to brown, remove from the oven and brush with the hot sauce mixture.
- Return to the oven for about 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Serve warm with ranch dressing, celery, and carrots.
BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Sandwiches
Nothing says BBQ quite like a pulled meat sandwich! But, instead of using pork or chicken, why not elevate the nutrient content by using jackfruit instead? This simple substitution takes a classic flavor and feel and turns it into a vegetarian-friendly BBQ recipe that is sure to please dad and everyone else, too!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cans of jackfruit (drained and shredded)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ cup of Harvest Snaps Crunchy Loops Kick’n BBQ (crushed)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Drain the jackfruit and shred it with your fingers to create a shredded meat consistency.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse your Harvest Snaps until it creates a fine powder. Measure ¼ cup and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until the onion begins to caramelize.
- Add the shredded jackfruit and season with the prepared Harvest Snaps Crunchy Loops Kick’n BBQ. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes or until well combined.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth and ½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce to the jackfruit. Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes. Add the remaining BBQ sauce before serving.
- Serve the pulled jackfruit on your favorite buns and top with coleslaw. Enjoy!
Harvest Snaps Make BBQ Recipes Instant Favorites
They are the perfect party snack, but also the perfect ‘secret’ ingredient in your BBQ recipes. Looking to add some crunch and some flavor? Harvest Snaps are the answer. With a wide range of flavors, you can find something to satisfy every snacker and elevate any recipe.
Snap up the goodness and enjoy!