Food bank donations and volunteering raises happiness levels, not only for ourselves but for those we impact as well. We’re in the perfect season to spread optimism, and the options are endless – especially if you bring some of our tasty, healthier snacks along for the ride!
1. Start With Your Community
- Spread joy through a shared activity with the family, making sure to stock up on our tasty gluten-free snacks!
- Check up on someone through a friendly text, phone call, or video call. Neighbors, friends, co-workers, and relatives can all benefit from the emotional boost, and a healthier snack.
- Express gratitude. Those in essential professions, as well as health care workers, appreciate messages of appreciation during this time. Show your support and cheer on these folks by sending care packages filled with Harvest Snaps veggie chips. You can write heartfelt messages for an extra touch of warmth. Take it a step further and make food bank donations to spread your holiday cheer to those in need. These thoughtful gestures are even more special because our healthier snacks are delicious and made from real veggies.
- Look for ways to help vulnerable groups. Consider running errands for an elderly neighbor whose relatives can’t visit, or reach out to nursing homes, cancer centers, and nonprofits serving those with health challenges. Asking how you can be of service while observing health protocols and bearing gluten-free snacks as gifts could help those who are isolated feel less lonely.
2. Make A Food Bank Donation
Donating food, hard-to-find supplies, and clothes, can carry more weight than you could imagine. With the demand for food banks on the rise, offering support by donating to local food banks will help close the gap.
3. Share Your Passions
Consider the things you’re passionate about and share those skills and talents with others. Teach a class online. Share a recipe inspired by Harvest Snaps veggie snacks. Even offering to read books remotely with those with learning disabilities is a perfect way to bond over your favorite Harvest Snaps snacks.
4. Practice Social Distancing and Self Care
Do not underestimate how much of a difference you’re making by simply following health protocols and guidelines. You’re making a vital contribution to society by just staying home and practicing social distancing – which means more time to snack happily on our veggie chips!