Halloween is almost here and terrifyingly tasty Halloween snacks are the only way to satisfy ghosts and goblins of all ages!
But finding the right Halloween snacks for your festivities can be a real challenge. To help ease the burden, we’ve put together this list of snack ideas.
For quick reference, we’ve split the list into Halloween snacks for a kids’ party, and Halloween snacks for a spooky grown-up soiree!
Halloween Snacks for a Kids Party
Whether you’re looking for Halloween snacks for kid-aged zombies to enjoy at home or at the school party, you are sure to find inspiration in one of the following ghastly Halloween snack ideas!
1) Monster Apple Bites
This is the perfect time of year to get creative in concocting your own spooky monsters! These apple bites are fun while also allowing you to provide a healthier snack option for the kids. Instead of loading them up with processed sugar, this Halloween snack is made with wholesome ingredients.
If you need an allergy-free snack or vegan option, this is it!
- 6 green apples, cut into quarters (makes 24 bites)
- Sunflower butter
- 96 sunflower seeds
- 6-9 strawberries, sliced
- 1-3 candy eyes, per apple bite (for a gelatin-free vegan option, use homemade candy eyes)
- On the skin side of each apple quarter, cut out a section in the middle for a mouth.
- Coat the inside of the cut section with sunflower butter.
- Stick 4 sunflower seeds into the top part of the mouth for teeth.
- Place a strawberry slice on the bottom part, “pointy” end out for the tongue.
- Using a dab of sunflower butter, stick eyes above the mouth. Serve.
2) Fruity Pumpkins and Cheesy Witch’s Brooms
Fruit is always a good party snack option, especially if you can turn it into a Halloween snack option! Quick and easy, you can bet kids will be snatching them faster than you can say “Frankenstein!”
- Tangerines or cuties, peeled
- Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps Lightly Salted
- Cheese Strings, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps Mango Chile Lime
- 1 celery rib, remove stringy parts to use as broom ties
- Place one Snack Crisps Lightly Salted in the top of the tangerine to make a pumpkin.
- Fray one end of the cheese string pieces. Place one Snack Crisps Mango Chile Lime in the other end. Tie off with celery string.
3) Warm Spiced Apple Cider
With the fall chill in the air, you may need a Halloween snack that offers a little bit of warmth and comfort!
Instead of serving soda or straight-up fruit juices, consider a nice warm cup of spiced apple cider! Simply put the ingredients in the slow cooker and get to work on your Halloween decorations!
- 10 apples (Gala, Honey Crisp, Granny Smith, or a combination of all three)
- 1 orange, peeled
- ½ tbsp whole cloves
- ½ tsp whole all-spice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cups of filtered water
- ½ cup organic honey
- Roughly chop the apples, and cut the peeled orange into quarters. Add to the slow cooker along with all the spices and the filtered water. Stir to combine and turn your slow cooker on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 4 hours.
- One hour before cook time is up, use a potato masher to mash all of the fruits. Do this until all the fruits are mashed. Add the Wholesome Organic Honey at this point.
- Allow the cider to cook for the last hour, and then strain using a fine-meshed sieve like cheesecloth.
- If you desire more sweetness, add more honey at this point.
- Serve warm, and enjoy. Any leftovers can be frozen for up to a few months.
4) Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps and Crunchions
It is always a good idea to have some super easy Halloween snacks that you can throw out into a bowl. With Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps or Crunchions, you can offer a plant-based, allergy-friendly snack you can truly feel good about!
Snack Crisps are made from green peas, red lentils, or black beans, providing a delicious dose of plant protein in every bite. With a satisfyingly crispy pea pod shape, and tantalizing flavors, including Lightly Salted, Parmesan Roasted Garlic, Mango Chile Lime, Caesar, Wasabi Ranch, Black Pepper, and Tomato Basil, kids (and ADULTS) won’t be able to stop themselves!
Harvest Snaps Crunchions, made with red lentils, will quickly become your favorite ring-shaped snack! Get your crunch on with scrumptious Kick’n BBQ, sharp and sweet Tangy Sweet Chili, or classic Sour Cream & Onion!
5) Vegan Whoopie Pies
Sweet, fun, and great to make WITH the kids, these vegan whoopie pies put a pumpkin spin on an old classic!
For the cakes:
- 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dutch process or natural cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut or cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup neutral vegetable oil (such as safflower, grapeseed, canola, or refined avocado)
- 1 tsp apple cider or white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold water (and a few extra tbsp as needed)
For the pumpkin butter cream:
- 8 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, and a pinch of cloves)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1-3 tsp non-dairy milk of choice (as needed)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the water, vinegar, vanilla, and oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until glossy and smooth. If the mixture does not become glossy, add an extra few tbsp of water as needed (up to 1/4 cup).
- Use a 1.5-2 tbsp cookie scoop (or a spoon) to drop the cake batter in rounds onto your cookie sheet. You can make larger or smaller whoopie pies by adjusting the size of the mini cakes. Bake the mini-cakes for 8-10 minutes, or until set but not browning. Cool the cakes on a cooling rack for 1-2 hours, or until fully cooled.
- To prepare the buttercream, place the butter and vanilla into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed for 1-2 minutes, or until the butter is soft and fluffy. In a small bowl, mix the sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and turmeric, then add this mixture in 2-3 installments, while beating on medium speed. Add a pinch of salt if using unsalted vegan butter.
- Add 1-3 tbsp of non-dairy milk to the buttercream and continue beating until it’s still rich and firm, but soft enough to pipe. Add the milk slowly. Add more milk if it’s too firm or more sugar if it gets runny.
- When the buttercream is ready, place it in a piping bag and pipe out 2 tbsps onto the bottom of one of your mini-cakes in a circle pattern. Place another mini-cake on top and press gently to make the whoopie pie. Continue with the remaining buttercream and cakes; you should get about 18-24, depending on the size of the cakes.
Halloween Snacks and Drinks for a Grown-Up Spooky Soiree
While trick or treating is just for the little ones, Halloween itself is celebrated by people of all ages! If you are hosting a spooky soiree or a spine-tingling shindig, you’ll need Halloween snacks to keep your guests satisfied and entertained.
While any of the snacks listed above could do the “trick”, we thought we’d offer a few more grown-up and sophisticated “treat” options as well!
6) Pumpkin Hummus
Adding pumpkin to a snack classic takes it from every day and adds a little fun. Easy to prepare and always a party platter favorite, pumpkin hummus is a Halloween snack your guests will absolutely love.
- 2 can chickpeas, drained
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more olive oil if it’s too thick.
- Serve with crackers, Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps, carrots, celery, pepper slices, and cucumber.
7) Eyeball Caprese Salad
Caprese salad is a fresh and simple appetizer, but with the additions of well-placed olives, it becomes an easy Halloween snack!
- Basil leaves
- Fresh Mozzarella pearls
- Ripe black olives
- Grape tomatoes
- Balsamic reduction
- Slice tomatoes in half and olives into rings.
- With a spoon, mash mozzarella pearls to make them longer.
- Place basil leaves on a tray. Top with a tomato half, a mozzarella pearl, and an olive slice.
- You can serve these little concoctions on their own or have crackers on the side.
8) Cobweb Cocktails
In case Bloody Marys aren’t your thing, this twist on a White Russian will compliment your Halloween snacks every bit as well!
- 6 oz. chocolate liqueur
- 6 oz. coffee liqueur (like Kahlúa)
- 4 oz. milk
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream
- Pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg
- Small plastic spiders, for non-edible garnish
- Combine chocolate liqueur and coffee liqueur, milk, whipped cream, and ice in a cocktail shaker; shake until chilled. Strain into cocktail glasses. Garnish with pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg. Top with small plastic spiders.
9) Mummy Brie
Is there anything better than soft, warm brie? Yes, and it’s soft, warm brie made to look like a mummy to satisfy your Halloween snack needs!
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Harvest Snaps Crunchions Tangy Sweet Chili, 2 Crunchions
- 2 tbsp of cranberry sauce, or enough to fill Crunchions
- 1 round (16 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 14-inch square.
- Cut off corners to make a circle. Place Brie on top; fold the pastry over cheese, trimming as necessary, and pinch edges to seal. Beat egg and water; brush over pastry.
- Flip the brie and place, seam side down, on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Roll remaining pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut four 1-in strips; cut strips in half crosswise. Wrap strips around Brie, trimming as necessary. Discard scraps.
- Bake for 10 minutes; brush again with egg wash. Bake until golden brown, 10-15 minutes more.
- For eyes, place two Harvest Snaps Crunchions Tangy Sweet Chili. Fill Crunchions with cranberry sauce.
- Serve warm with crackers
- Mix things up by swapping the cranberry sauce for apricot jam, red pepper jelly, or jalapeño or bacon jelly.
10) Witchy Finger Cookies
No Halloween snack list is complete without something that looks a little macabre! So, to complete this list, we’re adding Witchy Finger Cookies!
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour of your choice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 28 large sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Set oven rack to the center. Preheat to 325F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar for about 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until the dough is firm.
- Using about 1 1/2 tbsp of dough at a time, roll between your palms into 5-inch-long fingers about 1/2-inch thick. Firmly press a sliced almond into the end of each finger to make fingernails. Make several horizontal cuts, about 1/4 inch deep and 1/2 inch long, in the center of each finger for knuckles. Press the dough on either side of the cuts to shape the knuckles.
- Arrange the fingers on the prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly golden, about 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer the fingers to a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, heat the jam over low heat until warm, about 2 minutes. Dip the blunt ends of the fingers in the warm jam, arrange on a platter, and serve.
- Gluten-free flours often require additional moisture to be added to the dough. If the dough is not coming together, add a teaspoon of water at a time until it does.
Celebrate Halloween Snacks in Spooky Style with Harvest Snaps
Halloween is one of our favorite times of the year and we want you to enjoy it every bit as much as we do!
Harvest Snaps are the perfect Halloween snack partner. Simply throw some Snack Crisps or Crunchions in a bowl, or choose one of these great snack recipes and your party is sure to be a hit!
Find Harvest Snaps in a location near you to get the festivities started!